Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that his country is ready to launch another attack at Hezbollah in Lebanon after fire exchanges broke out along the Lebanese border.
Netanyahu said he consulted with the army's command after Hezbollah launched an anti-tank missile attack earlier in the afternoon.
"We are prepared for any scenario and will decide how to continue based on further events," he said, warning Hezbollah not to fire more missiles.
Shortly after 16:00 p.m. local time (13:00 GMT), Hezbollah fired anti-tank missiles at an Israeli military position near the community of Avivim in northern Israel's upper Galilee near the Lebanese border.
Jonathan Conricus, a spokesperson with the Israeli military, told reporters that two or three Hezbollah missiles were fired and hit a battalion headquarters and a military ambulance. Both were damaged.
There were no injuries among the Israeli forces.
Conricus said that in response, the army attacked the Hezbollah squad that fired the missiles with about 100 artillery shells and attack helicopters.